Social Media and Design Assistant
My Sewing Room Inc. is looking for a self-starter with social media skills who is ready to dive into the world of quilting and sewing. Get your needle ready to sew a patchwork of possibilities when you work at Canada’s largest independent sewing and quilting shop.
As the social media and design assistant, your day will involve assisting the owner and managers with monitoring our social media, creating posts and answering any questions. This position will work alongside other teams to market both the newest products, and items that could use a boost. You will be expected to learn about the business, colour coordination, staging pictures, video creation, and more. This is a great position for someone with a creative background.
Are you interested in a stable job, learning more about a hugely successful industry of creatives, and encouraging local business? Join our small team and bring fresh ideas to marketing an age-old industry while learning the ins and outs of running a local business.
This position is 37.5 to 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends for events. Compensation is minimum wage during probation.
Duties and Responsibilities
· You will be trained on the sales floor because sometimes you might be asked to help out on the floor during events, either processing payments or locating product. You will also be helping with an event outside of the store, like a quilt show. We have so many products that you need to have a working knowledge of the store.
· Curating our social media content on Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram among others. (This will involve making sure everything is properly promoted and that customers are being engaged).
· Cross-tag product demoed online so that customers can find the product on our site easily and quickly.
· Pre-event and class preparation. Prepared list of “products featured in today’s event” with links to shop for all.
· Post event analysis. (Including showing student and customer makes online).
· Answering customer correspondence, through email or social media.
· Engage with customers in store by taking pictures of their projects they want to show, or when they buy a new sewing machine.
· Communicate owner and managements desires to the appropriate departments.
· As you grow in this position, we can add and further define your duties and responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong communication skills.
· Project Management
· Content Curation
· Customer service
· A tenaciously flexible mindset, ready to work towards new ideas.
· Experience with sewing machines not required.
· Willingness to learn the ins and outs of multiple types of machines, accessories, and notions.
· Understanding of Social Media and digital communication (Including Facebook, TikTok, Instagram).
· Able to lift up to 25kg.
· Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
- public relations: 1 year (preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-01