Industry experts calculate that one 250 yd. small spool of Sulky 40 wt. Rayon thread can create 44,000 embroidery stitches and is a great size for those colors that are not used as often. Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon embroidery thread has the same luster and soft, warm, natural look as silk with silks smoothness, but it is stronger and less expensive. The vast majority of embroidery designs are digitized for Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon thread. Because of its excellent runability, unparalleled quality and huge selection of colors, Sulky is, and always has been, the first choice of machine embroiderers. Only Sulky Rayon threads are made exclusively from ENKA fibers, proven to be the highest quality rayon-viscose fibers in the world.
- Colour: Tawny Tan 1055
- Weight: 40wt
- Length: 225m or 250yds
- Content: Rayon
- Hand Weight: Light
- Recommended Needle: 80/12
- 40 Wt. rayon thread can be used as a bobbin thread when working on projects where having the same color bobbin thread as the top thread is important.
- Pros Know! If you love to do machine embroidery, it is a fact that the vast majority of embroidery designs are digitized for Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread. Because of its excellent run ability, unparalleled quality and huge selection of colors, Sulky thread is, and always has been, the first choice of machine embroiderers.
- Most people find that Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon thread is easier to use for machine embroidery than any polyester thread because it has less stretch and stretch memory. Because of polyester’s added, unnecessary strength, it causes acceleration of wear on the machine’s moving parts and in the bobbin and needle thread path.
- Thread breakage while doing machine embroidery can be caused by designs that are improperly digitized, causing stitches that are too long, and or jerky hoop movements.