You will be dazzled at how brilliantly reflective Sulky Sliver? Metallic thread is when you incorporate it into your latest project. Sulky Sliver thread is a thin, flat, ribbon-like, solid color foil that is laminted with polyester, which makes it brilliantly reflective so you can add the ultimate sparkle to all of your decorative projects. Sliver metallic thread works perfectly on sewing, serging, and knitting machines, and for handwork. It does not fuzz, fray or shrink. If you love metallic threads then the Sulky Metallic Dream Package is a must have take a look!
- Colour: Fuschia 8013
- Length: 225m or 250yds
- Content: Metallic
- Hand Weight: Medium
- Recommended Needle: 90/14, 90/14 Metallic or Topstitch
- All metallics do not like abrasion and small stitches; Metallics do not bend well into small stitches
- Use a lightweight thread in the bobbin, either a matching Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread, Sulky Bobbin Thread or Polyester Invisible Thread.
- Set top tension on a lower setting; sew slower, use the thinnest possible bobbin thread, hoop fabric tautly, stabilize properly, avoid stiff, coarse stabilizers and short, tiny stitches.
- With Sulky Metallics on top, many experts like to use Sulky Polyester Invisible thread in the bobbin to eliminate thread-pull-ups.
- Always use at least a size 14/90 Metallic, embroidery, or Topstitch needle with all Sulky Metallics. Set top tension on a lower setting, sew slower, use the thinnest possible bobbin thread, hoop fabric tautly, stabilize properly, avoid stiff, coarse stabilizers and short, tiny stitches. AND To avoid thread breakage, put Sulky Sliver on a vertical spool pin so the spool turns as the thread comes off, causing the thread to remain flat from the spool all the way into the tension area.