Best Buy For Your Buck: The 1,000 yd. spool is the best value for those colors that you use all the time like your basics or when you are in a mad holiday sewing frenzy! Add an elegant sparkle to your creativity with Sulky Original Metallic thread – a round, twisted thread that is created by twisting and bonding a fine metallic foil around a strong core to create an exceptionally smooth, strong and pliable thread. It is a joy to work with on sewing, serging, and knitting machines, and for handwork. It does not fuzz, fray or shrink. Use a lightweight thread in the bobbin, either use a matching Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread, Sulky Bobbin Thread or Polyester Invisible Thread.
- Colour: Silver 7001
- Length: 914m or 1000yds
- Content: Metallic
- Hand Weight: Medium
- Recommended Needle: 90/14, 90/14 Metallic, Or Topstitch
- Favorite Uses: Quilting, Machine Embroidery, Art Quilts, Decorative Stitching, Top Stitching On Garments
- All metallic threads do not like abrasion and small stitches; Metallics do not bend well into small stitches
- Use a lightweight thread in the bobbin, either a matching Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread, Sulky Bobbin Thread or Polyester Invisible Thread.
- Set top tension on a lower setting sew slower use the thinnest possible bobbin thread hoop fabric tautly stabilize properly avoid stiff, coarse stabilizers and short, tiny stitches.
- With Sulky Metallics on top, many experts like to use Sulky Polyester Invisible thread in the bobbin to eliminate thread-pull-ups.
- Always use at least a size 14/90 Metallic, embroidery, or Topstitch needle with all Sulky Metallics.