Add an elegant sparkle to your creativity with Sulky Original Metallic thread – a round, twisted thread that is created by twisting and bonding a fine metallic foil around a strong core to create an exceptionally smooth, strong and pliable thread. It is a joy to work with on sewing, serging, and knitting machines, and for handwork. It does not fuzz, fray or shrink. Use a lightweight thread in the bobbin, either use a matching Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread, Sulky Bobbin Thread or Polyester Invisible Thread. Our small spools are perfect for most projects, but you may want our larger spools for your most loved colors!
- Colour: Black Silver 7023
- Length: 150m or 165yds
- Content: Metallic
- Hand Weight: Medium
- Recommended Needle: 90/14, 90/14 Metallic, Or Topstitch
- Favorite Uses: Quilting, Machine Embroidery, Art Quilts, Decorative Stitching, Top Stitching On Garments
- All metallic threads do not like abrasion and small stitches; Metallics do not bend well into small stitches
- Use a lightweight thread in the bobbin, either a matching Sulky 40 Wt. Rayon Thread, Sulky Bobbin Thread or Polyester Invisible Thread.
- Set top tension on a lower setting sew slower use the thinnest possible bobbin thread hoop fabric tautly stabilize properly avoid stiff, coarse stabilizers and short, tiny stitches.
- With Sulky Metallics on top, many experts like to use Sulky Polyester Invisible thread in the bobbin to eliminate thread-pull-ups.
- Always use at least a size 14/90 Metallic, embroidery, or Topstitch needle with all Sulky Metallics.