Sue Patten Event 2018
My Sewing Room was happy to have hosted Sue Patten on August 22 - 26, 2018. Her high energy classes were a treat to attend!
Sue is an award-winning longarm quilter, and has travelled the world teaching her unique and innovative styles to longarm, domestic and hand quilters alike. She is the author of Quilting Possibilities... Freehand Filler Patterns and Adaptable Quilting Designs, as well as a designer of fabric, stencils, embroidery patterns and more. Her work has been featured in dozens of magazines and she has appeared on various TV shows including The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims and QNN TV’s Quilt It.
Always with a story to tell and a tip or trick to share, Sue’s classes are non-stop educational and fun.
Meet Sue Patten
- Meet-And-Greet Trunk Show - Wednesday, August 22 - 6:00 - 9:00 SOLD OUT!
This was a must-see, hilariously-funny trunk show, covering everything from Sue’s hand work to her world-renowned, award-winning thread art quilts.
- Tips And Tricks For True Beginners - Wednesday, August 22 - 1:00 - 4:00 SOLD OUT!
This class covered mounting and floating, squaring off a quilt, manipulating fabric to prevent puckers, pleats or stress, thread tension, borders and so much more.
- Perfecting The Panto From Start To Finish - Thursday, August 23 - 10:00 - 1:00
We learned how to use pantograph patterns to finish a quilt top, how to choose the correct size of designs, position the laser, advance the quilt, fill in open spaces and more, to make edge-to-edge quick, easy and beautiful.
- Beyond Edge-To-Edge With A Panto - Thursday, August 23 - 2:00 - 5:00
Students took their edge-to-edge quilting to the next level as they learned how to use two or more different designs, how to “chuck” the borders, handle corners and even create a log cabin quilting effect, all using pantographs.
- Ruler Work 101 - Friday, August 24 - 10:00 - 1:00
This class focused on how to use quilting rulers safely and effectively, the different styles of rulers and how they work, and how to choose the ones that work best to compliment different quilting styles.
- Mastering The Art Of Rulers - Friday, August 24 - 2:00 - 5:00
We studied combining a variety of rulers to create stunning custom quilts with block motifs, sashings and borders, and how to use rulers to create spacing for different textures and free-motion fill-ins.
- Free-Motion Possibilities - Saturday, August 25 - 10:00 - 1:00 Nearly sold out...
This class inspired the beginner in becoming confident with free-motion designs and techniques. Threads, tension, batting effects, design placement and more.
- Mastering The Art Of Feathers - Saturday, August 25 - 2:00 - 5:00
We learned cutting-edge fillers, creative “stipplish” spines and an all-out frenzy of new and innovative techniques to master the beloved feather.
Domestic Machine Classes
- Start With A Stencil - Sunday, August 26 - 10:00 - 1:00
Sue explored and answered the age-old question “How should I quilt this?” with her quick-and-easy stencil solutions to fill every area of the quilt - blocks, borders, sashings and background fillers.
- Mastering The Art Of Rulers On Your Domestic Machine - Sunday, August 26 - 2:00 - 5:00
We tried a variety of different styles of rulers on our domestic sewing machines, to create edge-to-edge quilting, perfect feathers, a multitude of shapes and accurate, easy background fills.